Picture East Northport as it was in 1914---flat, open farms, animals, horse and carriage on dirt roads with a few houses scattered about. Lutheran families had to travel to St. Peter's Huntington Station, for church and Sunday School worship. On February 13, 1914 women gathered together in the home on Mr. and Mrs. Herman Richter with a desire to establish a Lutheran Church in the East Northport area. Many men became interested and on March 11th, joined the ladies when 96 people gathered together at the East Northport Firehouse. Four days later the first worship service was led by Pastor Dr. Hugo Hoffman from St. Paul’s Lutheran Church of Brooklyn. The first official meeting of the congregation was held after a worship service on March 29. At that time a vote was taken to
name the new church St. Paul’s of East Northport in honor of the support given to us by our sister church in Brooklyn. Seventy-nine persons attended this meeting. The collection for the day amounted to $5.84.